Education Services


Education Services

Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students. Nova Education and Migration Services represents wide range of Australian colleges and universities.

To come to Australia for study, there are a number of steps to go through:

  • Deciding on your preferred course and institution.
  • Submitting the application to the institution.
  • Receiving Letter of Offer from the institution.
  • Accepting the Letter of Offer and paying tuition fees.
  • Receiving Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
  • Applying for your student visa.

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)

The genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity measure to ensure that the student visa programme is used as intended and not as a way for international students to maintain ongoing residency in Australia.

The GTE requirement applies to all student visa applicants. The officer assessing the visa application considers whether the individual circumstances of the student indicates that their intention is for a temporary stay in Australia.

The officer will consider:

  1. Your circumstances

  2. Your immigration history

  3. If you are under 18 years of age, the intention of your parent, legal guardian or spouse of the applicant any other relevant matter.

The GTE requirement provides a useful way to help identify those applicants who are using the student visa programme for motives other than gaining a quality education. The GTE requirement is not designed to exclude those students who, after studying in Australia, go on to develop the skills required by the Australian labour market and apply to obtain permanent residency.

Other Requirements

There is a range of entry requirements that you will need to meet both for you institution application and your visa application. This can include:

  1. Academic requirements.

  2. English language requirements.

  3. Evidence of funds to support your study.

  4. Overseas student health cover.

What are the options after completing my study?

If you intend to stay in Australia after the completion of your studies, you must ensure you hold the right visa.There are a number of temporary and permanent visas that permit work in Australia; however, their suitability for you depends on your personal circumstances (for example, what course you have completed, your occupation,whether you have an employer sponsor and more). There might be more than one type of visa that you can apply for.

If you are an international student who have recently graduated a course at a degree level and above or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (SOL), you might be eligible for the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) or General Skilled Visa.