Employer Sponsored Visas

If you intend to work in Australia, you must ensure you hold the right visa. There are a number of temporary and permanent visas that permit work in Australia, however their suitability for you depends on your personal circumstances (for example, your occupation, the duration of work, country of citizenship, whether you have a sponsor and more). There might be more than one type of visa that you can apply for.

There are three main streams of employer sponsorship:
  • The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 482)
  • Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
  • The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) (subclass 186)